How to root LG G Pro 2 Lite
Rooting method for the new LG G Pro 2 Lite, the new smartphone developed by the South korean company LG, created in 1947, but that took the abbreviated name “LG” in 1995 as an abbreviation of “Lucky Goldstar” in South Korea, which has been translated into English as Lucky Venus (Goldstar). Before, many of their electronic products were sold under the Goldstar brand, while other household products (not available outside South Korea) were sold under the brand name “Lucky”. The latter was famous for household cleaning products and laundry detergents in South Korea. Before massive industrialization of the South Korean company, Lucky name was synonymous with toothpaste. The new smartphone LG G Pro 2 Lite is available to buy since this summer.
- Download latest IOroot zip and extract it.
- Set phone in USB Debugging mode.
- Set USB mode to Charging only(this may vary based on model).
- Run script and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If your OS is Windows: Download and install proper ADB driver. Double-click on root.bat
If your OS is Linux: cd into IOroot folder -> chmod +x root.sh -> sh ./root.sh
If your OS is Mac: cd into /IOroot/mac folder -> chmod + x root.sh -> ./root.sh
Manual Root Method
- Download and extract the latest IOroot.zip
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Open terminal/command prompt. Windows/Linux users: cd into /ioroot folder. Mac users cd into /ioroot/mac
Windows users can hold shift key, right click in ioroot folder. Select “open command window” option.
Copy/paste commands below. Hitting enter/return after each line.
Linu-x/Mac users may have to enter ./ before adb on each line.
Example: ./adb push g2_security /sdcard/g2_security
- ADB devices (make sure it sees your device; if “offline” turn on phone/unlock and accept RSA key prompt)
- Choose next line based on model and firmware version: F350K/L/S (4.4.2): adb push ytiruces_1a_kk /sdcard/ytiruces_1a
- USB Connection Mode needs to be toggled. How: unplug usb cable from phone then re-plug.
- adb shell (you should now see a # instead of a $. # = root)
- adb shell “mount -o remount,rw /system”
- adb push su /system/xbin/su
- adb push su /system/xbin/daemonsu
- adb push install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
- adb shell “chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su;chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su”
- adb shell “chown 0.0 /system/xbin/daemonsu;chmod 06755 /system/xbin/daemonsu”
- adb shell “chown 0.2000 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh;chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh”
- adb shell “sync;mount -o remount,ro /system”
- adb install Superuser.apk
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: LG G PRO 2, HTC One Plus M8, Xiaomi MI3, Nokia X / X+ / XL, Sony Xperia ZR, Samsung Galaxy S5, Huawei Ascend P6.
Check if your LG G Pro 2 Lite is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Hexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility.
We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.
Android rooting method LG G Pro 2 Lite