How to root HTC First
How to root HTC FirstRemember that you have all the necessary downloads for rooting at the end of this article, in “Download sources“.
1. Download all the official HTC drivers for your phone.
2. Enable the USB Debugging mode as follows: go to Settings > Options Development > USB Debugging.
3. Enable Unknown sources: Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
4. Charging the phone battery to at least 60%, to avoid being shut down in the middle of the process.
5. Download and install the package “Google USB driver“.
6. Download ClockWorkMod recovery, rename it as CWMrecovery.img and pass it to “Fastboot” folder in the root menu C:
7. Download the file SuperSU or the file SuperUser, both work for rooting th HTC First perfectly.
8. Unlock Bootloader. To do this create an account on the web https://www.htcdev.com/register/ and activate; visit http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/ and where it says “Select your device” select the “All other Supported Models” option and clic on “Begin Unlock Bootloader”.
- On the next field now appear: “My Device Identifier Token”, leave the page open.
- Turn off your HTC One Mini.
- Turn it on while pressing the volume down button and the Power button at the same time.
- You should now get the Bootloader screen to navigate it using the volume keys. Select “Fastboot ” and press the Power button.
- Connect the pone to the computer.
- Create a folder called “Unlock” directly on C:
- Extract the contents of HTC One Mini Bootloader Unlock Package (found in the “Download sources ” section) to ” Unlock” folder.
- Select the shortcut “Windowskey + R” and type in cmd in the text field. Press “OK” and start the Shell.
- Now we will need to navigate the “Unlock ” folder using the “cd c :/ Unlock” command (without quotes).
- We have to get our ID Token. To do this type “fastboot oem get_identifier_token” command (without the quotes) and press Enter.
- Copy the code starting with “<<<< Identifier Token Start” until it finishes with “Identifier Token End >>>>”.
- Paste the code into the “My Device Identifier Token” field of the web page that you left open in step 2.1. and click the “Submit” button.
- You should receive an e-mail from HTC with an attachment called “Unlock_code.bin “.
- Copy the file directly to the “Unlock” folder of your hard drive.
- Return to Shell and enter the command “flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
- You should see a warning message that you have to confirm to begin the process of unlocking Bootloader.
9. Connect your phone to your computer and passes the file SuperUser or SuperSU to the phone.
10. Shut down the phone and go into HBoot by pressing the volume down button and power button simultaneously.
11. Navigate with the volume buttons to “Fastboot mode” option and confirm with power button.
12. Connect the phone to the PC.
13. Open a Windows terminal on the computer (Run option, type CMD and press Enter). In the terminal type the following commands:
14. Type C:\Fastboot and press Enter.
15. Type fastboot erase cache and press Enter.
16. Type fastboot flash recovery CWMrecovery.img
17. When the process completes, press and hold the power button to restart the device.
18. Again enter in Hboot mode by volume down + Power buttons pressed simultaneously.
19. On the menu that appears select the option “Recovery“.
20. On the recovery menu select “Install Zip from SD card“.
21. Select the file SuperSU or SuperUser that you have used during the process and confirm.
22. When the process finishes select “Go Back” and then select “Reboot System Now“.
23. The phone will restart with all permissions enabled.
Check if your HTC First is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
DOWNLOAD DRIVERS Ads