How to root HTC Desire 616
How to root HTC Desire 616
New rooting method for HTC Desire 616, the new phone by HTC, the Taiwanese manufacturer of smartphones. The company was initially based on the Windows Mobile operating system of Microsoft devices. In 2009 they began to equip their handsets with Android and from 2010 also with Windows Phone. HTC is also a member of the Open Handset Alliance, a business alliance to develop open standards for mobile devices. The HTC Dream, marketed by T-Mobile in many countries as the T-Mobile G1 or Era G1 in Poland, was their first mobile phone in the market with the Android operating system. HTC Desire is a series of Android smartphones designed and manufactured by HTC. All products of the Desire series are designed to be affordable under the Android mobile operating system (Android 2.1 Eclair or later versions of Android) with the graphical user interface HTC Sense, except for the HTC Desire 616 based on touchscreen, HTC Desire 516, HTC Desire 310 and HTC Desire 210, all of which feature an user mixed interface HTC Sense and Android Open Source project.
01. Enable USB debugging mode on your phone, from the Developer Options. To do this, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. If you do not find the Developer Options in Settings, you will have to enable it by tapping Build number about 10 times.
02. Charge your device for at least 75%, to avoid being shut down during root, because if it were turned off in the middle of the process due to lack of charge, your phone will become unresponsive.
03. Download and install the Root Genius program on your computer (also available from “Download sources”) as Administrator.
04. Connect your phone to your computer using a data cable OEM, Root Genius will detect it immediately.
05. Once it is detected, click the green button that says Root it.
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: LG G PRO 2, HTC One Plus M8, Xiaomi MI3, Nokia X / X+ / XL, Sony Xperia ZR, Samsung Galaxy S5, Huawei Ascend P6.
Check if your HTC Desire 616 is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Other important informations to read before rooting
Legal conditionsHexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility. We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.
Android rooting method HTC Desire 616