How to root Google Nexus 9
New rooting method for the Google Nexus 9, the phablet co-developed by Google and HTC that uses the Android Lollipop operating system.
Google Nexus is a line of smartphones running under the Android OS produced by Google in cooperation with various device manufacturers. The Nexus Android models usually are the first models to receive system updates.
Isa Dick Hackett, daughter of novelist Philip K. Dick, and several bloggers believe the term Nexus is a reference to the Dick novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? in which androids are referred to as Nexus 6 model.
The Google Nexus 9 is a tablet computer which Google has introduced with the Android OS 5.0 Lollipop version on October 15, 2014. It is built by HTC and is the fourth tablet of the Nexus series. The Nexus 9 will be released on November 3, 2014 in the United States. It is the first 64-bit-capable Android device.
1. Download the file Nexus9-root-SuperSU-v2.18.zip, you’ll find the link we have made available to you in “Download sources” at the end of this article. Just click on it and on the page that appears, below you’ll find the download.
2. Extract the file and copy the extracted files into a folder called “platform-tools”.
3. On your Nexus 9, go to Settings > Developer Options, and check USB Debugging to access the computer from the phone.
4. Enable the OEM Unlock.
5. Connect the mobile device to your computer.
6. Open a command window in the folder “platform-tools” using the shift button + right mouse click. Then type:
cd /(directory where you have platform-tools) and press Enter.
7. Then type:
adb reboot bootloader and press Enter.
8. Now the phone will enter the Bootloader. Type in the command window open as follows:
fastboot boot inject.img and press Enter.
9. Again, write:
fastboot flash boot patched.img (press Enter).
10. A message on the command appears saying that the device has been unlocked. Write:
fastboot reboot (Enter).
11. Now check on your phone you have installed the app SuperSU. Show clicking on the icon you have a rooted phone and thus will have obtained permissions as root on your Google Nexus 9.
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: LG G PRO 2, HTC One Plus M8, Xiaomi MI3, Nokia X / X+ / XL, Sony Xperia ZR, Samsung Galaxy S5, Huawei Ascend P6.
Check if your Google Nexus 9 is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Legal conditionsHexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility. We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.
Android rooting method Google Nexus 9