How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
New rooting method for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, the new Android phone developed by the South korean company Samsung Electronics, multinational company of electronics and information technology. It is the main subsidiary of the Samsung Group.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has been considered the best smartphone of the Mobile World Congress 2015, which was held during these days of March in Barcelona. With a revolutionary design, Samsung will attempt to break the market forecasts that foreshadowed a drop in the number of sales of the Asian giant.
With assembly plants and sales networks in 65 countries, Samsung has more than 200,000 employees. Some of the best known products of Samsung are TVs backlit LED based on conventional LCD TVs and the Galaxy product line, both smartphones and tablets. In fact, with the phone model Galaxy S, the line of smartphones Samsung has maintained the second highest position in the world market for some time. Tablets line, meanwhile, was launched at direct competition with Apple iPad.
- Make sure you have charged the battery to a good level.
- Open ODIN on your PC and press the AP button.
- Select the CF AutoRoot file you’ve downloaded to your model.
- Now go to the phone and turn it off.
- Simultaneously press the Power button, Home (the center) and “Volume Down” thus turns entering the Download Mode.
- A message will appear asking you if you want to continue, press “Volume Up”.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to the computer. ODIN will recognize it.
- Press the START button on Odin and the process will begin.
- Be patient until the end of the process, then you will have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S6.
Now you can root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, in models SM-G920T and SM-G925T thanks to the latest version of CF-Auto-Root.
- First, check the model version of your device. To do this, in your phon, go to Settings > About device > Model number. If the phone is a totally different model of SM-N910C (Thailand, Exynos), SM-N910U (Hong Kong, Exynos) or SM-N9106W (China, Snapdragon) this tutorial will not work and we don’t recommend you to use it.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Download and unzip the file named CF-Root-Auto in the version created specifically for your model. All are available in the section “Download sources” at the end of this article.
- When you extract the zip it should end up with a file .tar.md5.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer.
- Once you have downloaded the program start Odin3-vX.X.exe.
- Click the PDA button and select CF-Root-Auto -…. tar.md5.
- Put the phone in download mode. To do this, turn off your phone, then press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power to boot. If booting it asks you to press a button to continue, press the button on the list, or run the commands: adb reboot download.
- Connect your phone to your computer again.
- Make sure the option Repartition is unchecked.
- Click the Start button. Wait until Android boots.
- The modified device should reboot into recovery mode (represented by a large Android logo in red) and SuperSU be installed along with Stock Recovery, which is why you need to restart again in Android.
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: Google Nexus 9, Motorola Moto G on Android 5.0 Lollipop, LG G3 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, LG G4, Motorola Moto E on Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google Nexus 6, Nvidia SHIELD 2.0 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, LG G Flex II (LG G Flex 2), Asus ZenFone 2, Motorola Moto X on Android 5.0 Lollipop..
Check if your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Hexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility.
We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.