How to root Motorola Moto G2
New rooting method for the Motorola Moto G2, the new Android phone developed by the American company Motorola, the company that specializes in electronics and telecommunications, established in Schaumburg, Illinois, outside Chicago. Motorola in 2011 was divided in two independent signatures from one another. Motorola Mobility that was born with the arm on Motorola phones, while Motorola Solutions remained with the team as part of servers and telecommunication networks. In August 2011, Motorola Mobility was acquired by Google for 12,500 million dollars and in 29 January 2014 was sold to the Chinese company Lenovo, after having purchased it for 2.910 million dollars.
01. Download the program TWRP recovery 220.127.116.11 for Motorola Moto G2, available through the “Download sources” section you will find at the end of this article, and put it in a folder that also is going to have the following files: adb.exe , fastboot.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll.
02. Unlock the phone screen and go to Settings > About phone and tap 7 times in the build number as quickly as possible.
03. You will see a popup message with a text related to the Developer Options. Press the Back key, and select Developer Options.
04. In the debugging section, enable USB Debugging mode.
05. Connect your phone to computer via USB cable.
06. Now open the folder where you have the adb files and TWRP recovery.
07. Hold down the Shift key and press the right mouse button on the folder, click Open Command Window Here.
08. A CMD window will be open. Write these commands, and then press Enter: adb shell
09. On the phone a popup window will appear. Select the checkbox and click OK.
10. Write these commands in the CMD and press Enter: adb reboot bootloader
11. The phone will reboot into Bootloader mode. Enable the boot loader (or Bootloader) following the instructions of this link.
12. Now that you’ve enabled bootloader, reboot into Bootloader mode again using the following command: adb reboot bootloader
13. Type these commands in CMD and press Enter: fastboot flash recovery TWRP2801-titan-Motog-2014.img (or alternatively the name you decided to put in the file with extension .img).
14. Press Enter as many times as necessary and ignoring all errors, type this command in CMD: fastboot reboot
15. Download the file SuperSU from “Download sources”.
16. Type the following command and reboot into Recovery mode: adb reboot recovery
17. You should now see the welcome screen for TWRP program. Click on the button that says Install and select UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip.
18. In TWRP, swipe left to right to confirm the flash.
19. When done flashing, reboot option will appear. Click on it and slide your finger across the screen from left to right again, to restart the phone. Once restarted, the root will be completed successfully.
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: LG G PRO 2, HTC One Plus M8, Xiaomi MI3, Nokia X / X+ / XL, Sony Xperia ZR, Samsung Galaxy S5, Huawei Ascend P6.
Check if your Motorola Moto G2 is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Legal conditionsHexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility. We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.
How to root Motorola Moto G2