How to root Motorola Moto E on Android 5.0 Lollipop
New rooting method for the Motorola Moto E on Android 5.0 Lollipop, the new Android phone developed by the American company Motorola, the company that specializes in electronics and telecommunications, established in Schaumburg, Illinois, outside Chicago. Motorola in 2011 was divided in two independent signatures from one another. Motorola Mobility that was born with the arm on Motorola phones, while Motorola Solutions remained with the team as part of servers and telecommunication networks. In August 2011, Motorola Mobility was acquired by Google for 12,500 million dollars and in 29 January 2014 was sold to the Chinese company Lenovo, after having purchased it for 2.910 million dollars.
1. Make sure you have the Motorola USB drivers installed on your PC.
2. Download and extract the CF-Root (available at “Download sources”) file on the computer desktop by right clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your device, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
4. Turn off your phone, reboot into bootloader mode. To do this, hold down the buttons Volume Down and Power simultaneously.
5. Connect the device to your computer via a USB cable.
6. Double-click the Moto-E-Root-Recovery.bat file that you extracted to the Desktop.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to root the phone.
8. When the rooting process completes, flash the TWRP Recovery.
9. Flash Stock Android Recovery.
10. Flash CWM Recovery.
11. Remove unlocked bootloader warning.
12. Make full restore of the device for Moto E if XT1023 only.
13. Make full restoration and relock the bootloader if you have the Moto E XT1023 version only.
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: LG G PRO 2, HTC One Plus M8, Xiaomi MI3, Nokia X / X+ / XL, Sony Xperia ZR, Samsung Galaxy S5, Huawei Ascend P6.
Check if your Motorola Moto E is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Legal conditionsHexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility. We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.
How to root Motorola Moto E