How to root Samsung Galaxy S4
Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Kingo
- 1 – Download the android_root.exe from kingoapp.com.
- 2 – Turn off Reactivation-Lock, Security updates, OTA updates or any security software because they could cause problems running with kingoapp exploits. (If you are not agree with this, dont use this tool).
- 3 – Turn on USB-Debugging from Settings>Development options.
- 4 – Install and start the android_root.exe from kingoapp.com
- 5 – Plug in the phone to the PC.
- 6- Follow the instructions on the screen to let the PC detect the phone correctly.
- 7 – Click the ROOT button and wait for a reboot.
- 8 – After that reboot you will enjoy ROOT in your Andriod (with knox still at 0×0 in Samsung devices).
Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 with ANDROID 4.3 using CF-Root
Before to ROOT your Galaxy S4 you must to know that with the device rooted KNOX will be disabled.
To delete completely KNOX you have to go to the path System/app with a File Explorer like ES File Explorer, or following this post. Tutorial: Delete completely KNOX from your Samsung Galaxy (S4, Note 2, Note 3).
Other important informations to read before to ROOT your Android
Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page!
How to ROOT Galaxy S4 Gt-I9505 with Android 4.3
- Download and unzip Odin3 file from the link below.
- Download CF-Auto-Root file from the link below.
- Switch Off your Galaxy S4 and go to Download Mode (Volume down + Home + Power)
- Plug in your Galaxy S4 to the PC via USB.
- Install Odin app with the Odin downloaded file and Run the Odin app.
- In PDA, locate CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5, click the Start button to begin flashing CF-Auto-Root on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, and wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left bo.
- Finally, wait for the install process to finish and then your Galaxy S4 will be rooted. :)
- You must have a new app installed now: SuperSU. Check it in app drawer. However, in case you don’t see it on your phone, try installing the app separately from Play store — SuperSU Play store link.
- To check whether you got root access or not, use this simple made-for-this-purpose app, Howtoroot app.
Download USB Drivers for Android Devices app
Remember, you must root your device at your own risk.
Hexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility.
We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.