How to root Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Huawei
Various Huawei devices have received the latest update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with its splendid EMUI OS 4.0. Now, after updating your device to Marshmallow, you may want to get the most out of your smartphone. Well, here is an easy way to gain root permissions on Huawei smartphones.
Remember that before starting you have to make several preliminary steps, these are: keep the battery charged, at least 50% (but it is always advisable to charge it till 100% before installation for any problems that may arise). Then enable USB Debugging on the smartphone Settings and (if necessary) download all the updated USB drivers of your device on the PC.
Then you can proceed to download all the necessary files to root your smartphone. Do not forget to follow all the steps listed in the tutorial, in the same order without skipping any of them. The latest build of SuperSU has many useful functions to get the root permissions on the device in no time, just follow the procedures outlined below.
- Download the latest TWRP version for your Huawei device (link available at the end of this article).
- Download the latest SuperSU version (from the download section).
- Transfer all the necessary files in the device’s internal memory or SD card. Place the files where you can easily locate them.
- Now start the TWRP Recovery. To do so, turn off the device completely and then press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button for a few seconds. Once you see the TWRP logo, it means you have successfully started up the device in Recovery mode. Alternatively, if the device has root permissions, uses Android applications like Quick Boot or Boot Smart.
- Once you get into TWRP, run Backup Nandroid. To do so, click on the “Backup” and select all the partitions from the system -data, boot, recovery, EFS and cache (optional).
- Now go back to the Home screen and click on the “Install”. Locate the SuperSU files from internal memory and select it.
- Now press to the right on the confirm button after installing SuperSU.
- Once the installation is complete, you can wipe the Dalvik cache or simply choose the system reboot option by clicking on “Reboot”.
If you are looking for other rooting methods, visit our section called “How to root: Root your Android phone tablet. What is root?” where you can find all the rooting methods for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including the latest and most popular phones of the moment: Google Nexus 9, Motorola Moto G on Android 5.0 Lollipop, LG G3 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, LG G4, Motorola Moto E on Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google Nexus 6, Nvidia SHIELD 2.0 on Android 5.0 Lollipop, LG G Flex II (LG G Flex 2), Asus ZenFone 2, Motorola Moto X on Android 5.0 Lollipop..
Check if your Huawei device is rooted correctly using our app “How to ROOT”.
Download Android USB Drivers app
Remember, you must ROOT your Android device at your own risk.
Hexamob is not responsible for any damages caused directly or indirectly by a rooting method. Any action for rooting your device is done it only under your responsibility.
We recommend that you read all the instructions related to each root method and follow them step by step as indicated by the developers. If you have any question or need support, on every page there are links to the developers of each method.